Andre Johnson voices frustrations with Texans

By John Brannen, Web Editor, Click2Houston.com
Randy McIlvoy, Sports Director, Anchor, rmcilvoy@Kprc.com
Published On: May 13 2014 02:40:36 PM CDT
Updated On: May 13 2014 03:16:08 PM CDT

Texans star wide receiver Andre Johnson says he is "tired of losing" in Houston.

HOUSTON -

At 32 years old, Andre Johnson is is a grizzled veteran in NFL years.

After a 2-14 season, the Texans wide receiver has concerns about his future with the franchise.

On Tuesday Johnson presented a $30,000 check to the Houston Area Women's Center from his charity golf tournament.

Afterward he spoke to KPRC Local 2's Randy McIlvoy and addressed his issues.

"I am assessing the situation," Johnson said. "I haven't asked for a trade. I've asked myself is this still the place for me. I am tired of losing. This is now my third head coach.

"This past season and offseason have been tough for me."

Though Johnson said he has kept in touch with new head coach Bill O'Brien, he added that he is not planning to participate in organized team activities or mini-camp.

He also declined to attend a voluntary mini-camp earlier in May.

"We'll have to see what happens," he said. "I have talked with the Texans and they know how I am feeling."

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus