RodeoHouston makes 'top Facebook check-ins' list in 2013
The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo was one of the year's most popular spots to check in on Facebook, according to the social media site.
Facebook on Tuesday released its 2013 year in review lists to look back at what mattered most on the site for the year.
The site said it analyzed the past year's worth of posts to reveal the top global trends of 2013 which included user’s top life events, most talked about topics and top check-ins.
While no specific numbers were released, Disneyland and Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, Calif. took the top spot for Facebook check-ins in the U.S.
Times Square in New York City and Epcot at Walt Disney World in Florida rounded out the top three spots.
Facebook said two places in Texas made the top 10, including Rangers Ballpark in Arlington at No. 7 and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at No. 10.
Top U.S. Facebook check-in locations in 2013:
- Disneyland & Disney California Adventure, Anaheim, Calif.
- Times Square, New York City
- Epcot Center, Walt Disney World, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
- Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- AT&T Park, San Francisco
- Rangers Ballpark, Arlington, Texas
- Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal City, Calif.
- Fenway Park, Boston
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, Houston
From around the world, Facebook said the top check-in was Argentina: Puerto Madero, Buenos Aires.