Prescription Drug Take-Back Day takes place
Updated On: Apr 27 2013 07:51:45 PM CDT
A nationwide push to fight prescription drug abuse kicks off this weekend. The Drug Enforcement Agency's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day is Saturday.
The Houston Police Department is teaming up with Mayor's Citizens' Assistance Office to host nine prescription drug collection sites.
The DEA will have containers available at locations throughout the city to help the public properly dispose of unused, unwanted or expired medications. All tablets, capsules and solid dosage forms will be collected. Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted. This service is free, anonymous and open to all.
The nine collection sites are:
- Kingwood Library, 4400 Bens View Lane
- Northeast Police Station, 8301 Ley Road
- South Central Police Station, 2202 St. Emanuel
- Westside Police Station, 3203 S. Dairy Ashford Road
- Southeast Police Station, 8300 Mykawa Road
- Clear Lake Police Station, 2855 Bay Area Boulevard
- South Gessner Police Station, 8605 Westplace Drive
- North Police Station, 9455 W. Montgomery
- Eastside Police Station, 7525 Sherman
For more information or to find a nearby collection site, go to http://www.dea.gov/ and click on the "got drugs" link.