Conroe family escapes early morning heater fire

By Troy Blevins, Web Editor
Published On: Mar 11 2014 09:44:09 PM CDT
FM 2090 Heating unit fire
CONROE, Texas -

Shortly after 2 a.m. Tuesday, a mother and her two children were fast asleep in their home on FM 2090 when authorities said a fire broke out in their home's central heating unit.

Although their husband and father was away working his shift as a law enforcement officer, the family had made sure that they had working smoke detectors, according to the Montgomery County Fire Marshal's Office.

As smoke began to build, authorities said the home's smoke alarms sounded and the family was able to escape the flames and call 911.

Firefighters from the Splendora and Caney Creek fire departments arrived shortly after an EMS unit, and were able to bring the fire under control within 10 minutes.

The home was heavily damaged by smoke and heat, but no injuries were reported, authorities said.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus