Chrysler announces 2 new recalls
Updated On: Jul 10 2013 07:47:35 AM CDT
Chrysler announces two new recalls, affecting popular minvans, SUVs and convertibles.
The first recall covers 2013 Town and Country minivans and some 2012 and 2013 Dodge Grand Caravans.
Chrysler says an electrical problem could cause the airbags on the wrong side to inflate, during a crash.
Dealers will make free repairs starting in August.
A much larger recall covers Chrysler Sebrings, Chrysler 200's, Dodge Avengers, Dodge Nitros and Jeep Libertys.
Chrysler says the issue here is a problem with the head restraints that could cause whiplash injuries in a crash.
Look for dealers to make repairs on these models, also starting in August.
Safety regulators also have their eyes on the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport after reports the vehicle can suddenly lose power.
There is currently no recall on that model.
Electrical Problem Affecting Side-Airbags:
- 2013 Chrysler Town & Country
- 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan manufactured between May 10, 2012 and June 7, 2013.
Problem with Head Restraints:
- 2011-2013 Chrysler Sebring and Chrysler 200 cars manufactured June 28, 2011, through December 13, 2012;
- 2011-2013 Dodge Avenger cars made June 25, 2011, through January 14, 2013;
- 2011-2012 Dodge Nitro SUVs built June 17, 2011, through December 15, 2011;
- 2011-2012 Jeep Liberty SUVs manufactured June 17, 2011, through August 15, 2012.