Electrical fire damages NE Harris County strip center

Published On: Feb 04 2014 07:37:26 AM CST
Updated On: Feb 04 2014 11:42:10 AM CST

Feb. 4, 2014: Authorities say an electrical issue caused a fire to break out at a northeast Harris County strip mall. Jennifer Reyna reports.

HARRIS COUNTY -

Authorities say no injuries were reported after a fire broke out at a strip center in northeast Harris County early Tuesday morning.

According to firefighters, the flames spread quickly to the Taqueria and liquor store connected to the gas station located on Aldine-Bender near Ormel around 5:15 a.m.

Fire units immediately attacked the growing  flames of the two-alarm fire.

“The cause of the fire was found to be electrical in nature ,” said Lt. Dean Hensley with the Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office.

Local 2 spoke with the owner of the strip center who said he is devastated.

Several fire departments assisted in fighting the flames, including Needham, Westfield, Porter, New Caney, Little York, Spring, Ponderosa, Eastex, Aldine and Klein.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus