The Washburn Tunnel will close for two weekends.
The tunnel will be shut down from midnight Friday to 4 a.m. on Dec. 3 and midnight on Dec. 7 until 4 a.m. on Dec. 10.
The closures will allow crews to install security cameras.
Operating hours on the Lynchburg Ferry will be extended to 4:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. during the closures.
Drivers are also encouraged to use other routes, including the 610 East Loop Freeway bridge, the Sam Houston Parkway North bridge and the Highway 146/Fred Hartman bridge.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: