Traffic Alert: Stretch of Westheimer down to 1 lane
Updated On: Mar 11 2013 05:30:26 PM CDT
There's going to be a traffic mess for drivers on one stretch of Westheimer for up to a month.
The Harris County Flood Control District has closed two lanes of the Westheimer Road Bridge located just east of Mid Lane inside the West Loop. The old bridge is being demolished and replaced.
Construction signs are up informing drivers that Westheimer has been reduced to one lane. The closure stretches to the railroad tracks in Highland Village.
Officers will be directing traffic in the area. However, drivers are still being advised to avoid the area if possible.
Possible alternate routes include West Loop 610, Memorial Drive, San Felipe Street, Richmond Avenue or Kirby Drive.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: