Toddler swallows 42 fridge magnets
Updated On: Feb 15 2013 11:53:30 PM CST
A toddler in Russia is recovering after swallowing 42 fridge magnets in a matter of minutes.
The boy's mother panicked when she noticed all the magnets from the family's refrigerator were gone after leaving her 16-month-old son alone for a short period of time, The Daily Mail reported.
She rushed him to a local clinic, where a scan revealed dozens of small, round magnets in his abdomen.
Doctors at a hospital near the family's home in Chelyabinsk performed emergency surgery to remove the magnets.
"Over the years, I had to take a variety of foreign bodies including magnets from young patients," Chief pediatric surgeon Nikolay Rostovtsev told The Daily Mail. "Once I removed about 20 of them, but this incident of our little patient has broken all records."
The boy is expected to make a full recovery.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.