Space heater sparks house fire

Published On: Mar 03 2013 08:35:42 AM CST
Updated On: Mar 03 2013 04:46:57 PM CST
HOUSTON -

The cold weather may have led to a fire at a home Sunday morning on Simsbrook and Bathurst in southwest Houston.

Firefighters said the fire began with a space heater in a bedroom where a woman was sleeping.

Officials said the woman is an amputee and had to dragged to safety by her grandson.

The woman's leg was cut when she was pulled from the home, so she was taken to the hospital.

The rest of the family was able to get out of the home and wasn't hurt.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus