Southwest Freeway reopens after 9-car crash
Updated On: Feb 06 2013 11:53:14 AM CST
A crash involving nine vehicles shut down most lanes of the Southwest Freeway Wednesday morning.
Officials said the driver of a white Mitsubishi lost control of his vehicle, which spun out and hit a wall, causing a chain-reaction wreck in the inbound lanes of U.S. 59 at Weslayan shortly after 10 a.m. All but one lane were closed to traffic. The scene was cleared at 10:30 a.m. and all lanes reopened.
No injuries were reported.
Investigators said weather and slick roads were likely the cause of the crash.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: