School near gas leak evacuated

Published On: Nov 29 2012 09:06:02 AM CST   Updated On: Nov 29 2012 11:08:04 AM CST

A gas leak led to a Galena Park school being evacuated Thursday.

MacArthur Elementary School, 1801 North Main, was evacuated as a precaution after the smell of gas was detected.

Officials said a CenterPoint Energy crew was sent to the area to determine the source of the leak, which occurred several blocks from the school at 8:30 a.m.

The evacuation was lifted about an hour later after firefighters said the school was safe.

No injuries were reported.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus