Restaurant Report Card for Feb. 9: Roaches, Gnats, Flies
Updated On: Feb 09 2012 07:04:54 PM CST
Roaches, gnats and flies. If it's got legs and a mention in our restaurant report card, you know it's not good.
Big Daddy's BBQ at 14097 Westheimer has two big problems: roaches and flies. The health inspector asked Big Daddy to take effective measures to minimize both.
Inspectors observed roach activity in an electric box at Ninfa's on the Gulf Freeway near Monroe. They said the manager called an exterminator for emergency service.
At Los Tios at 14006 Memorial, gnats were the pesky problem when the health inspector dropped in.
When you can't be the queen, you can live the dream. But we bet employees at the Dairy Dream in the 6000 block of Hirsch are dreaming they'll get a better inspection next time. Inspectors said employees weren't cleaning as often as necessary to keep the equipment free of dust, dirt, dead roaches and food particles.
Three restaurants don't have to dream this week. They got perfect inspections. The Far East Chinese restaurant 6502 Del Monte, Domino's Pizza at 6741 Airline Drive and the Blue Nile Ethiopian restaurant at 940 Richmond all got A's this week.
To see a complete list of restaurant violations in the Houston area, visit www.click2houston.com/restaurantinspections.
How To File Restaurant Complaint
We get our information from the city of Houston Health Department, but many of you have complaints about restaurants in other cities and counties.
Refer to the following list to find out which agency to contact depending on the location of the restaurant:
* For all complaints about restaurants located in the city of Houston, call 311 or file the complaint online.
* Harris County Public Health & Environmental Services inspects and permits all retail food establishments in the unincorporated areas of Harris County as well as in the cities of Tomball, Katy, Jacinto City, Galena Park, La Porte, Morgan's Point, South Houston, Seabrook, El Lago, Southside Place, Hunter's Creek, Piney Point, Bunker Hill, Jersey Village, Spring Valley, Deer Park, Humble, Waller, and West University Place. If you believe you have become ill from ingesting food from an establishment in unincorporated Harris County or in a city inspected by Harris County, please file a complaint at http://www.hcphes.org/eph/foodcomplaint.ht or call them at 713-274-6300. If you are concerned about a food establishment's operations such as cleanliness, food handling procedures, etc., please file a complaint at http://www.hcphes.org/eph/complaints.htm.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant in Montgomery County, call the Montgomery County Health Department at 936-539-7839.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant Galveston County, call the Galveston County Health Department at 409-938-2300. Use this link to speed the process and file your complaint electronically, or send an email to email@example.com.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant in Brazoria County, contact the Brazoria County Health Department.
* To file a complaint about a restaurant Fort Bend County, contact the Fort Bend County Health Department.
If you have a news tip or question for KPRC Local 2 Investigates, drop them an e-mail or call their tipline at (713) 223-TIPS (8477).
Copyright 2012 by Click2Houston.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.