Overturned 18-wheeler shuts down exit ramp for hours
Updated On: Jan 25 2013 07:10:16 AM CST
An overturned 18-wheeler blocked an exit ramp in southwest Houston for hours on Friday.
Around 3 a.m., a semi-truck with a Dumpster container on the back hit a guard rail at the U.S. 59 eastbound exit ramp to the West Loop 610 northbound and rolled over. Police said the container flew off the back of the truck and into concrete support pillars.
No injuries were reported.
The ramp reopened at 5:52 a.m. but traffic was backed up for miles.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: