North Loop reopens after big rig crash
Updated On: Jan 08 2013 01:05:02 PM CST
A big rig crashed into a vehicle Tuesday on the North Loop, shutting down the main lanes for hours.
The accident happened in the westbound lanes of the IH-610 North Loop at IH-45 North at 9:40 a.m. All the westbound lanes were closed.
Investigators said the 18-wheeler slid on the slick freeway, and the driver lost control and hit another vehicle. The drivers' injuries were not considered life-threatening, officials said.
The 18-wheeler was carrying a load of pipes, which spilled on the Loop.
The lanes were cleared and reopened by noon.
Check Traffic Now:
- Houston TranStar Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Pulse Real-Time Traffic Map
- Traffic Section
- Jennifer Reyna's Traffic Blog
- Houston TranStar
- Gas Price Calculator
- Texas Dept. of Transportation Website or call 800-452-9292
- Harris County Office of Emergency Management Website
Check Construction Information: