Neighbors save woman from southwest Houston fire

Published On: Feb 27 2013 06:38:05 AM CST
Updated On: Feb 27 2013 12:06:30 PM CST

Feb. 27, 2013: A pot left on a stove likely caused a fire that burned two units at a southwest Houston apartment complex, investigators say. Mark Boyle reports.

HOUSTON -

A pot left on a stove likely caused a fire that burned two units at a southwest Houston apartment complex Wednesday, investigators said.

Houston firefighters said the blaze started around 3 a.m. at the complex on Dunlap Street and Alvarado Drive.

Lydia Carr was asleep when she heard someone banging on her front door. Her neighbors were screaming for her to get out because her apartment was on fire.

"I just saw dark smoke coming out the door. From the top of the door, I saw a lot of smoke," Carr said.

When firefighters arrived, smoke was billowing out of a first-floor unit.

Investigators said a woman was rushed to the hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation.

Officials at the apartment complex said they are working to find homes for the residents who were displaced.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus