Isaac maintains strength, New Orleans in middle of 'cone of uncertainty'
Updated On: Aug 26 2012 10:03:55 PM CDT
Tropical Storm Isaac continues its WNW movement at 14 miles per hour with sustained winds of 65 mph Sunday night.
Current NHC thinking is that Isaac will reach Category 2 strength prior to landfall on the South Central Louisiana Coast. New Orleans is currently in the middle of the “cone of uncertainty.”
A hurricane warning is in effect for East of Morgan City, La. to Destin, Fla. which means hurricane conditions are expected somewhere within the warning area within the next 36-48 hours.
Areas to the west of the Hurricane warning area , including all of Southeast Texas, should still be on high alert as the forecast models continue to have a west leaning with subsequent computer runs today.
- Click2Houston Hurricane Headquarters
- JustWeather Hurricane Section
- Hurricane Tracker
- Download Hurricane App
- 2012 Hurricane and Flood Survival Guide
- National Hurricane Center
- National Weather Service, Houston and Galveston Information
- City Of Galveston
- Galveston County Emergency Management
- Harris County Emergency Management
- Evacuation Maps
Airline and Airport Links: