HFD: Kitchen fire damages apartments

Published On: Apr 02 2013 05:47:48 AM CDT   Updated On: Apr 02 2013 08:32:18 AM CDT

A fire damaged three units at an apartment complex in northeast Houston.

Around 1 a.m. Tuesday, Houston firefighters responded to an apartment fire at a complex on Bennington Street and Hoffman Street.  When crews arrived at the scene, they found smoke coming from a third floor apartment. 

According to firefighters, the fire started in the kitchen after someone left unattended food on the stove.  The hood of the stove caught fire and triggered the sprinkler system.

Firefighters said the sprinklers caused water damage to two apartments directly underneath the apartment where the fire originated.

No one was injured in the fire.


The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus