Firefighters: Heater causes apartment fire

Published On: Dec 21 2012 08:16:44 AM CST
HOUSTON -

An apartment caught fire in northwest Houston after the owner turned on her heater.

Around 12:30 a.m. on Friday, the Houston Fire Department responded to a call about an apartment fire at Sherwood Lane and Mangum Road.

When firefighters arrived, they said they found smoke in an upstairs unit.  Firefighters determined that the fire started in the attic when the owner turned on the apartment heater.

Firefighters said they went into the attic and removed sheetrock to access the heater and put the fire out.

According to reports, the resident managed to get out of the apartment safely, and no one was injured in the fire.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus