Fire pit sparks house fire
Updated On: Nov 14 2012 06:47:06 AM CST
A fire pit left unattended sparked a house fire in Spring Wednesday.
The fire started shortly after 12 a..m. on the back patio of a home on Mossy Oaks and Green Leaf.
The Spring Fire Chief said the homeowner left the outdoor fire pit unattended on his covered patio.
"The gentlemen lit his fireplace to warm up and then left it and it continued to burn," said Jared Davenport. "If you haven't used your fireplace in quite some time, you can get it cleaned or inspected. There are companies out there that perform those tasks."
Part of the roof caught fire.
Crews made a fast attack and extinguished the fire before it could destroy the main house.
No one was injured.