Fire crews battle mobile-home blaze

Published On: Jan 05 2013 06:50:37 PM CST
Dog fire victim
CONROE, Texas -

Fire crews said a smoke detector may have saved a woman's life during a house fire in Conroe.

Officials said the woman was sleeping inside her mobile home on North Pine View in Conroe when the smoke detector went off. The woman opened the door where a heater was located and saw flames shooting into the attic.

Fire crews arrived and battled the blaze, officials said. At one point, the roof collapsed while a firefighter was inside, but officials said no one was injured.

House fire

Fire officials said the woman's dog was in the bedroom, locked in a crate when the fire broke out. Somehow the dog escaped and was feared dead, but officials said it was found about two hours later as firefighters removed furniture from the home.

The home was completely destroyed, investigators said.

There's no word yet on the cause of the fire.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus