Family escapes fire on Thanksgiving

Published On: Nov 22 2012 07:52:38 AM CST
Updated On: Nov 22 2012 07:05:01 PM CST

Nov. 22, 2012: A northeast Houston family is forced to find a new home this Thanksgiving, hours after flames consumed their house. Irika Sargent reports.

HOUSTON -

A northeast Houston family was forced to find a new home this Thanksgiving, hours after flames consumed their house.

Firefighters were called to the scene on Miles Street and Sarahs Road at around 10 p.m. on Wednesday.

A father and his two young sons were home when the fire started. They were able to make it out of the house safely.

Firefighters arrived to find heavy flames shooting out of the one-story home.

The father told investigators that the fire started in his bedroom.

"He said it was an electrical short in the bedroom and when he noticed that it caught the bed on fire, so he grabbed his two kids and ran out the back door," said District Chief Chris Balswick. "The fire got everything and the attic so its pretty much a total loss."

No one was hurt.  The family said however, their pet dog did not make it out alive.

Comments

The views expressed are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms Of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. 
blog comments powered by Disqus