Tacos, Thai food and Chinese buffet. If you're a fan of these cuisines, this week's Restaurant Report Card is one you'll want to see. Houston health inspectors found some big violations when they stopped by these popular locations.
At Hunan Plus in the 9100 block of Bellaire Boulevard, health inspectors found 20 pounds of cooked chicken that was moldy. The chicken was condemned.
Inspectors also found newspaper covering the chicken and told staff to store the food properly.
At Tacos A Go Go in the 3700 block of Main, inspectors found gnats on the premises and also noticed rice was being stored at dangerous temperatures.
Inspectors found rodent droppings in the storage area at the Smoothie King in the 900 block of Westheimer. They ordered the manager to get rid of the pests
At the Thai Spice Cafe in the 700 of Walker, inspectors found slime in the ice machine.
It was the slime, plus black mildew in the ice machine got China Star Buffet in trouble with inspectors. The restaurant in the 6800 block of the Gulf Freeway was also storing cooked chicken and ribs at the wrong temperature
The perfect scores this week goes to La Madeline in the 2000 block of Gray for a clean inspection.