IT Director - Post-Newsweek Stations
Date of Opening:
Date Posting Expires:
PNS - KPRC-TV 2
Location of Position:
P. O. Box 2222
General Position Description:
The IT Director is responsible for the design, architecture and project management of a medium sized Windows-based corporate network. The successful candidate will provide support for operating and hardware systems and install, configure and administer servers. The IT Director will also set standards and reporting requirements for shared services between 6 television stations, corporate offices, and web development teams.
Reports to: VP & CTO, Post-Newsweek Stations
Location: Houston, TX
- Design and implement consolidated domain environment for 6 or more independent Microsoft networks. Implement Exchange farm for 900+ mailboxes migrating from 6 independent exchange solutions ranging from Exchange 2003 to 2010.
- Manage two or more data centers ensuring fault tolerance and uptime. This includes financial apps such as Great Plains as well as broadcast traffic systems, sales systems, and other shared resources.
- Design and maintain data center network as well as WAN infrastructure to broadcast stations.
- Implement and communicate networking standards to stations as well as coordinate network traffic and services between stations as well to data center.
- Maintain application security standards and ensure SOX compliance as well as provide reporting for internal and external testing of same.
- Other projects assigned as appropriate.
Ideal Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven project management experience with Microsoft Active Directory and strong knowledge of domain and forest migration and convergence. Experience with Microsoft Exchange and success with building clustered solutions serving 1000 users or more.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in information technology, software engineering and/or engineering project management, including at least 5 years in a leadership position is strongly preferred. Experience working in media and/or digital production a plus.
- Must have strong knowledge of information technology implementation, support and systems administration.
- Knowledge of broadcast and/or cable applications such as Wide Orbit Traffic, Nielsen, and WO Sales a plus.
- Experience with high demand switching networks as well as WAN management and redundancy. Strong understanding of layer 3 switching, access control, and IP coordination.
- Demonstrated expertise in web systems design and architecture.
- Demonstrated experience developing, renovating or constructing facilities heavily reliant on new technology is desirable.
- A Bachelor's Degree required; post-graduate work in engineering or computer science is preferred.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks within a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment. Confident self-starter who requires minimal supervision, comfortable with ambiguity and very adaptable.
- Travel as needed.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and references to: email@example.com. Please reference "IT Director" in the subject line.
All essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Any offer of employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and background check.
Post-Newsweek Stations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Name or Department:
P. O. Box 2222 Houston, Texas 77252